Brush Lettering Bootcamp is a collection of the most powerful and effective lessons for learning brush lettering in a step-by-step online course. You'll understand how to turn your shaky letter attempts into beautiful, confident art.
After working with over 300 students in our BLB coaching program and making updates to the course based on their feedback and results, we're confident that this curriculum will get you the results you're looking for.
Plus, it's all in one place, so no more scouring the internet or bookmarking a bunch of different sites. With this system, you can easily track your progress and not miss a single step in your journey.
What does Brush Lettering Bootcamp include?
We've created a comprehensive course that gives you all tools you need to transform into a confident and skilled brush lettering artist. It includes:
- 6+ hours of video lessons
- Worksheets to follow along with the videos
- Assignments to apply what you learned
The course is online. You get lifetime access from any device.
ript async="" data-uid="e5a0aab7ef" src="https://loveleigh-loops.ck.page/e5a0aab7ef/index.js">
Wanna hear the class chatter? Here's what current students are saying...
- "I had not picked up a brush pen until now, so this is already so eye opening. I had no idea how detailed this is. Thank you for all your help!" - Alyssa
"Even though I knew it was suppose to be more pressure on down strokes and less on up strokes, I just wasn't getting it until I saw how you taught it." - Diane
- "I'm totally the person who went, "Ooooooh, THAT'S why my ascending stem loops are smaller than my descending ones!"..." - Christina
- "I am so impressed with the materials and details of this course. All the information is taught at a great pace and with just the right amount of detail and examples." - Trisha
- "I never knew these finer points and they are so helpful. And the little tip about the thin stoke size....AMAZING!!" - Christine
You can turn your interest in brush lettering into a lifelong skill that will pay you back in more ways than one.
We believe that anyone can learn brush lettering. You don’t need beautiful handwriting, you don’t need a fine arts degree, and you definitely don’t need endless amounts of time.
It doesn’t take any magic. It just takes practice, feedback, accountability, and the right strategies, which we've perfected and compiled into our online course.
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here's what people are saying about Brush Lettering Bootcamp and our teaching style:
Jillian and Jordan are absolutely wonderful teachers. They break everything down for you and make it easy to learn. Their feedback is always helpful and constructive while being kind.
- Mindy, Brush Lettering Bootcamp student
"At Week 3, I just wanted to say THANK YOU SOO MUCH to Jordan and Jillian! I came into this course not as an absolute beginner, but as someone whose lettering journey was stuck at the train station.
Everything we've covered thus far has been super helpful, especially this week's delving deeper into transitioning from thick to thin. This part alone has been worth more than the price of this course.
I have downloaded many other workbooks and followed some pretty awesome brush lettering folks but never has the transitions been covered in this way. I have a long way to go but this week has been my lightbulb moment."
- Cindy N, Brush Lettering Bootcamp student
"I would try to follow YouTube videos and free online tutorials, but I just couldn’t grasp the connection between what I was trying to do and what I needed to do in order to get better.
I feel that having the guided lesson with live critiques was invaluable. It helped keep me on track and stay focused."
- Aileen F., Brush Lettering Bootcamp student
"My experience with Loveleigh Loops has been exceptional! Their content is specific and they are quick to point out areas of difficulty in their videos and elaborate on them.
The feedback they provide on the homework is invaluable! You can tell these ladies love what they're doing because it shows in the progress of their students."
- Kat C. Brush Lettering Bootcamp student
"If you are on the fence about making this investment of your time and money—you should absolutely go for it. Jordan & Jillian are incredible teachers who have taught me everything I know about lettering.
They have given me a skill and hobby that I never thought I had the artistic or creative abilities to tackle, but they make lettering approachable by breaking it down to the fundamentals at every level and teaching the “why” behind the muscle memory of the strokes.
Their patience and skills are unmatched and I am incredibly grateful."
- Heather H. Brush Lettering Bootcamp student
Get started now!
Interested in the specifics of what you'll learn?
We thought you might be. Here are some curriculum details:
- The Fundamentals
- What is brush lettering? Find out what it is (and isn’t)
- A demonstration of 8 different brush pens (6 large, 2 small) and pros/cons of each
- How to use the brush pen and guide sheets: Learn the correct angle and grip, how to create stroke variation, and how to use the guide sheets. Plus: Are your strokes too thin?
- Fundamental strokes: A detailed breakdown of the basic components of the letterforms including angles, shade placement, transitions, white space
- Lowercase letters
- Alphabet broken down into groupings based on their fundamental strokes to help reinforce important combination-specific strokes,
- Deep dives into “don’ts” of each grouping (for both left and right-handed letterers)
- Emphasis on exactly where to lift your pen and place the tip back down for every stroke
- Overview of letter variations, including traditional and modern variants
- 8 steps to combat shakiness
- 7 tips for creating consistency
- How to transition between thicks & thins:
- Multiple lessons specific to right-handed and left-handed letterers
- What’s happening when your shade isn’t working and why?
- A deep dive into ovals using the “crescent” method
- A look at hand and finger movement
- A special lesson for lefties on how to position the tools to achieve better results.
- Letter Connections
- How to categorize letters by exit/entrance type, how to connect every possible combination of strokes, and where to lift your pen on long connections
- Example words to show the concepts in action, plus the one thing that all connections have in common
- Double letter connections tips and examples
- Tricky letter connections based on requests from prior students
- Capital letters
- The 3 principles of creating capital letters and numbers
- Breaking down the modern and traditional capital alphabet into the 3 main elements
- How to write the capital alphabet in two styles
- Numbers & Punctuation
- Traditional numbers including shade placement, where to lift the pen, and how to create consistency
- Punctuation Variations on the most common marks and examples of them in use
- Special accents for multilingual characters
- Bonus: Illustrative Tools & Techniques with Brush Pens
- Learn 7 additional tools and techniques:
- Blending (2 methods), 3 styles of shadows plus our shadowing cheat sheet, embellishments, watercolor intro, embossing, brush pen florals, greenery and wreaths
- Learn 7 additional tools and techniques:
Lessons come in the form of video lessons and printable worksheets. Please note that this course is completely online. No physical product will be shipped to you. You will have lifetime access to the materials.
We've helped hundreds of students just like you transform into confident lettering artists. You can do it too, promise.
We were beginners just a few years ago so we completely understand the struggles of starting. The course was designed with those obstacles in mind!
Start your lettering transformation today. We can't wait to see how far you go.